Have you ever wanted to learn how to decorate treats with live, hands-on instruction? Host a private class either in the comfort of your own home, or perhaps at a community center, work conference room, or church hall and have your cake and eat it too!
Consider Hosting This Event For:
- Birthday parties (children or adults)
- Girls’ night in
- Family get-togethers
- OR anytime you want to have a fun and tasty experience
What Kind of Classes Are Offered?
This type of event can be customized based on your preferences. Please fill out an “in-your-home class” quote form, choose the date, dessert type (e.g., cake, cupcakes, cookies, etc.), describe what type of design you would like, how many participants will be present, and include the event location.
Classes start at $75/person and vary based on headcount, event location, dessert type, and design complexity.
What Ages Can Participate?
Classes can be designed for participants of all ages and skill levels, however, anyone under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to help assist with decoration.
What to Expect for Decorating Classes:
The instructor, Sara, will supply all the necessary materials to make the dessert. This would include the baked, but undecorated treat, any frosting/icing that is required, food coloring, piping bags, piping tips, decorating tools, turntables, and boxes for the finished treats. You will have the use of the decorating tools during class and the tools will be collected at the end of class. I do not sell any decorating tools, although I would be more than happy to direct you where you can purchase your own tools after the class.
Classes will last approximately 1-2 hours (depending on the chosen treat/decoration) with step-by-step instructions for creating the design. All guests will make the same general design(s), although individual creativity is certainly encouraged with the provided supplies.
Where Can the Event be Held?
In-your-home classes are available anywhere in the Chicagoland area. The instructor, Sara, will travel to your event location.
Recommendations for the Host:
- Please ensure there is enough space for each guest. Every person needs to sit comfortably at a table/counter with plenty of room for decorating tools and a dessert.
- The instructor will schedule 30 minutes before and after the decorating event for setup and cleaning time.
- A final headcount will be needed at least two weeks prior to any event so remaining balances can be paid and supplies/desserts can be prepared.
- We recommend having light refreshments for your guests, or ask your guests to bring a snack/drink with them during the event. We also ask for the host to have everyday supplies on hand like paper towels, garbage bags, and disposable tablecloths for easy clean-up.