What information do we collect?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the website
- We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information collected from others
- We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically collected information
- We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the website. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the date/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
- We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. We may use both session cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website.
How your information may be used
- To operate and maintain the website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide you with user support
- To track and measure advertising on the website
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity
Third-Party use of Personal Information
- We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The website currently uses the following third-party service providers (this list may not be all-inclusive):
- At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion. Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly Visible Information
If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
- Display Ads
- Retargeting Ads
- Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
- The website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (i.e., web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
- Affiliate Program Participation
- The website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- Windy City Baker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associate program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Although we provide these affiliate links on the website, Windycitybaker.com has no control over these external websites and they are solely responsible for their own content and information presented. Therefore, Windycitybaker.com and/or its officers, employees, successors, shareholders, joint venture partners, or anyone else working with Windycitybaker.com cannot be held liable or responsible for any content presented on these external websites and/or for any damages resulting from them.
- On the website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Related to your Personal Information
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
- Amend: You may contact us at [email protected] to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use out best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last Updated: April 22, 2022